Online Divorce in Santa Cruz County, California
Using the California Online Divorce assistance service, getting your divorce forms completed is quick, simple, and affordable.
Filing for Divorce in Santa Cruz County, California (CA)
There are several methods available to get a divorce:
• Divorce with a lawyer
A divorce lawyer can help divide assets and debts, set the conditions for child-related issues, deal with paperwork, and navigate through the whole divorce process. If a divorce goes to trial, a lawyer represents their client in a hearing.
• Divorce mediation
A divorce mediator helps both spouses to negotiate and resolve their disputes out-of-court. Mediators are not allowed to give legal advice or take sides in the dispute.
• Collaborative divorce
A collaborative law process is another way to avoid litigation. Even though it implies that each spouse has their own lawyer, both parties agree to pursue common goals and sign a "Participation Agreement."
• Unbundled legal services
An unbundled divorce attorney provides limited scope representation. They handle only particular aspects of the case, leaving responsibility for other matters to the client.
• Do-it-Yourself divorce
A DIY divorce is a divorce process managed without a lawyer. In legal terms, it is called Pro Se divorce.
Although US family law allows people to represent themselves before the court, handling a divorce case without
legal representatives has its pitfalls and difficulties. This approach is typically not recommended in complex,
Those couples who file for an uncontested divorce should be well-prepared to manage their case independently, without a lawyer.
Foremost, even the simplest divorce is associated with paperwork, which can be tricky for a person without a
legal background. And at this stage of the process, California Online Divorce comes into play.
Online divorce enables the spouses to get the needed forms completed quickly and prepare for a DIY divorce in Santa Cruz County without undue stress and costs.
- All Required California State Forms.
- California-Specific Court Filing Instructions.
- Unlimited Revisions for as long as your account is active.
Online Divorce in Santa Cruz County, California (CA)
Online divorce is very popular among spouses who would like to arrange a divorce without a lawyer but don't want
to spend time on paperwork.
CaliforniaOnlineDivorce.com offers a simple and affordable way to avoid the stress associated with gathering and completing all the needed papers.
A user can receive ready-to-file, printable dissolution of marriage forms within a couple of days without
attending a courthouse or worrying about whether the judge will approve them.
California Online Divorce drafts the paperwork taking into account California family law, Santa Cruz County court rules/requirements, and the peculiarities of a particular case.
- See if your divorce case can be processed online by answering a couple of questions on the homepage.
- Provide your case details (including information about both spouses, the marriage, and any arrangements made between the parties). This data is crucial since the system needs it to prepare a unique package of divorce forms that meet Santa Cruz County’s requirements. California Online Divorce provides the completed papers within two business days from this moment.
- When the forms are ready, you will get an email notification. Log in to your account and download the ready-to-file printable documents in PDF-format.
- File for divorce with your local court, following our guide.